Sunday, January 26, 2014

How to Kiss on Facebook

I'm not a big fan of facebook. When I log into it, I get distracted and lose time -- so many shiny things --  and when I don't log into it I miss things. Gah.

But this blog post comes from Stuff That Happened on Facebook, so I guess it isn't all bad.

It started with this:


Which, of course, comes from "The Empty Hearse" episode of the third season of the BBC's Sherlock. And yes, that was a good may-or-may-not-ever-have-happened kiss.

But as I felt duty-bound to point out on my facebook page, if ANYONE knows how to kiss a woman, it's Dr. Danny Castellano on The Mindy Project.

My otherwise sensible friend, Emelle Gamble, countered with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway (click the photo to view the clip).



But I ask you, readers, is it just me or is there NOT EVEN A KISS in that clip?!?

Now I'll grant you, Emelle, there's some red hot sexual tension going on over that chess board. But that doesn't even begin to compare with the life-changing liplock that Danny laid on Mindy in the last episode of The Mindy Project (click the photo to view the hotness).



Sherlock and Steve McQueen you just got schooled...

And with THAT covered, here's another. Cover, that is. For my upcoming young adult book, Witch Boy.


As you might have guessed, there's a lot of kissing in Witch Boy...





5 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!! Whereisitwhereisitwhereisit??? Can I buy one now?! :)

    Also, and at the risk of ... well, whatever, I have to say that the kiss Ross finally gives Rachel on Friends (the first one, when they get together at last) was pretty darn good in its day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sensible? HA! Proof Evie Owens isn't a reliable judge about certain things, like kisses! Yes, the Mindy thing was cute, boy come on, no way near the grown up kisses in The Thomas Crown Affair! And yes, I posted you the prequel scene to the kiss, but if that didn't melt your filings, you be a cold hearted snake, hat tip to Paul Abdul. So, I'm throwing down. I'm posting the real kiss on MY FB page and we'll take a vote. HA! And lastly, I could not be more excited to see a cover than if it was my own. Hold onto your hat, Ms. Owens. Witch Boy is taking you places. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new cover, Evie. Can't wait for Witch Boy to hit the virtual shelves! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Elaine, now I have to go find the Ross and Rachel clip!

    And Emelle, now I have to go to FB. LOL.

    Mackenzie, I can't wait for it to hit the shelves, either... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the cover!!! Can't wait to meet up with this story again, Evie. It's going right to my keeper shelf (as are all those kisses and not kisses...yum...)

    ReplyDelete